Your favourite Winery, Perdeberg, walked away from this year’s Veritas with 18 awards, proving their excellence yet again with a massive 78.26% success rate.
Hi, this is Merlot. Let’s be honest and call a spade a spade…..
You get great wine because I keep these winemakers on their toes. Honestly, think about it, I wasn’t so involved last year and how many awards did your wine win?
Here are the facts…………In Black and White
Perdeberg Winery entered all the wines from their Popular Range, which has been repackaged to boldly display the wine as the ‘one with the zebra’ and also entered their premium Dry Land Collection Range. Perdeberg, having entered 23 wines, scooped the following awards:
- Dry Land Collection Chenin Blanc 2013
- Dry Land Collection Barrel Fermented Chenin Blanc 2013
- Dry Land Collection Joseph’s Legacy 2012
- Perdeberg Popular Range Sauvignon Blanc 2014
- Perdeberg Popular Range Sparkling Rosé 2014
- Perdeberg Popular Range Shiraz 2013
- SAAM Mountain Collectables Shiraz/ Mourvèdre/ Petit Verdot
- SAAM Mountain Herldersig Shiraz/ Viognier 2013
- Dry Land Collection Sauvignon Blanc 2013
- Dry Land Collection Chardonnay/ Viognier 2013
- Dry Land Collection Pinot Noir/ Chardonnay 2014
- Dry Land Collection Shiraz 2012
- Perdeberg Popular Range Chardonnay 2014
- Perdeberg Popular Range Cabernet Sauvignon/ Merlot 2013
- Perdeberg Popular Range Cabernet Sauvignon 2013
- Perdeberg Popular Range Soft Smooth Red 2013
- Dry Land Collection Cabernet Sauvignon 2012
- Dry Land Collection Pinotage 2012
“To win at Veritas is always a coup. To win so many wines this year just proves that we are serious about making the best quality wines and consistently”, commented Albertus Louw, Perdeberg’s Production Manager.
After almost two decades the Veritas Awards has earned its reputation as one of South Africa’s most authoritative and credible competitions for market ready wines. The Awards with its coveted Veritas emblem, has become synonymous with top quality wines. Veritas Awards results are trusted implicitly when international as well as local wine buyers use them to assist in their buying decisions and also when the ordinary wine lover simply selects a bottle from the shelf to enjoy with dinner.