Is it ok with everyone if I run around the farm with my chin up and my tail in the air?
Ok Ok you can do it too
Continuing its 2014 winning streak, Perdeberg Winery picked up more medals at the Michelangelo International Wines Awards held on 12 September 2014.
The Michelangelo is unique in South Africa, in that only internationally accredited wine judges serve on the judging panels. (During the past 16 years more than 160 experts from 36 countries have served on the judging panels.) Judges are hand-picked from around the globe for their international experience, their judging proficiency as well as their credibility as wine makers, wine buyers, sommeliers and wine writers.
This year, the competition received 1730 entries from 322 producers. Only 609 awards and trophies were awarded, which is a total of 35.2% of all entries. Perdeberg Winery received the following accolades for the 2014 Michelangelo Awards:
- Perdeberg MCC Pinot Noir Rosé 2012
- Dry Land Collection Chardonnay/Viognier 2013
- Dry Land Collection Barrel Fermented Chenin Blanc 2013
- Dry Land Collection Shiraz 2012
- Dry Land Collection Pinotage 2012
- Perdeberg MCC Brut Chenin Blanc 2012
- SAAM Mountain Collectables Shiraz/Mourvèdre/Petit Verdot 2012
- Dry Land Collection Pinot Noir/ Chardonnay 2014
- Dry Land Collection Cabernet Sauvignon 2012